Illinois Association for Multicultural Counseling
- chartered in 1972
- is a branch of the Association for Multicultural Counseling (AAMC)
- Membership as of Feb 2011 is 125
- emphasizes support and resources, including
- a yearly multicultural counseling conference
- a newsletter
- a multicultural training and consultation service
- referrals for ending oppression and strengthening the cultural competencies of Illinois LPCs and LCPCs
While the traditional IAMC focus continues to be on People of Color, there is also emphasis on anti-racist identity development for Whites.
IAMC members celebrate the similarities and differences across cultural groups and world views, including the intersections of
- social class,
- sexual orientation,
- family type, and
- other cultural variables.
IAMC Dues are:
- $10.00 for Professional Member
- $2.50 for Student, Retired, or Library Member
Membership in the Illinois Counseling Association is required for membership in any of the divisions.