This is a Webinar
Description of the Workshop:
The Psychology of Success is an inspirational presentation about the emotional and relational keys to effective leadership. Through motivational storytelling and thought-provoking case examples, Marter engages participants in lively discussion and interaction about psychological and interpersonal skills needed for success in leadership.
• Apply mindfulness to leadership to become a conscious leader
• Develop tools to detach from ego and judgement to observe from an open and neutral place and gain perspective for effective, non-reactionary and intentional leadership
• Develop the confidence to lead as you are
• Practice communication skills (i.e. active listening, empathy, assertiveness, and problem-solving) for effective collaboration and teamwork
• Develop effective conflict resolution skills including specific tools for dealing with difficult people
• Set healthy boundaries, practice self-care, access support and develop work/life balance to avoid burnout
Joyce Marter has been a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor since 1998 and is the Founder of Urban Balance, a counseling practice she started in 2004 and grew to over 100 therapists working from nine locations during her 13 years as CEO. She has been awarded Distinguished Alumni of the Year (2008) by The Family Institute at Northwestern University and was selected by Crain’s Chicago Business for the “40 Under 40” List of 2010. Marter is the Chair of the Midwest Region of the American Counseling Association, immediate Past-President of the Illinois Counseling Association, and a two-term Past-President of the Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association. With a passion for applying psychology to business and leadership, she is a member of the National Speakers Association and a keynote speaker, trainer, and workshop facilitator for Fortune 500 corporations, businesses, universities and professional associations. Marter is a blogger for PsychCentral and The Huffington Post and is routinely consulted as a psychological expert in the media. She has been featured in such outlets as The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, CNN and MTV.
Anyone may attend this event.
This event is free for all ICA and Chapter members.
If you are not a member of ICA or Lewis and Clark then the fee is $10.