Illinois Counselor Educators and Supervisors (ICES)
Chartered as a division of ICA since 1958, the Illinois Counselor Educators and Supervisors shall be dedicated to provide leadership for quality counselor education programs, training and supervision of the professional activities of all counselors, and maintaining and disseminating of current pedagogical and supervisory practice to the membership.
- To improve the counselor education training and site supervision of those engaged in professional counseling.
- To provide a vehicle for ensuring cooperation and communication between those engaged in counselor education and supervision in Illinois.
- To advocate for the profession through membership in the Coalition of Illinois Counselor Organizations (CICO).
- To act in all it does as a mentoring conduit for doctoral students in Counselor Education and Supervision (CES).
- To work to include supervisors from training sites as members in full.
ICES Leadership Team
Justin D. Lauka, President
Tamekia Bell, President-Elect
Katie Miley, Treasurer
Adam Carter, Secretary
ICES Pre-Conference Workshop
Held on November 8th prior to the ICA Conference, the goal of this day-long event was to provide a forum to foster camaraderie and innovation among counselor educators and supervisors and graduate students. This free event offered 6 CEs that addressed emerging professional issues through a keynote presentation and breakout roundtable sessions on writing and research, multicultural supervision, gatekeeping and remediation, and teaching. We had a great turnout and engaging discussion as a result. We hope to continue similar events in the future!
Counselor Educator Summit
Date: Friday, April 5th
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: National Louis University – Lisle, 850 Warrenville Rd. Lisle, IL 60532
Registration Cost: $25 (includes lunch, CEs, and applicable reading materials)
Registration Link: https://www.ilcounseling.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1200513&group
Formerly held by the Coalition of Counselor Organizations in Illinois (CICO), the Counselor Educator Summit is an annual event for counselor educators and supervisors across the state of Illinois to learn about the most pressing legal and ethical issues that the profession faces. Frequent topics have included:
· State licensure laws and rules
· Counseling-related legislation and advocacy efforts
· Graduate counseling program accreditation (e.g., CACREP)
· Counselor Certification (e.g., NBCC)
Visit the Illinois Counselor Educators and Supervisors webpage
For any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact Justin Lauka, ICES President at: email@example.com