Grants and Scholarship Opportunities
Schultz Foundation Scholarships: Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, September 9, 2020.
Toni Tollerud School Counseling Grant:
Robert J. Nejedlo Social Emphasis Grant:
Merlin W. Schultz Professional Development Grant:
Melanie E. Rawlins Research Grant:
Here is the link to a grant opportunity for organizations that wish to provide SUD trainings for social workers, counselors, marriage & family
therapists, health service administration practitioners, and others:
This would be a great opportunity to expand admission to provide statewide SUD training (via webinars?) to a host of practitioners in IL. It could be the basis of a research study and conference presentations.
There is such a huge need for SUD practitioners. "The National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) 2018 data indicate that an unacceptably high 92% of individuals who meet criteria for needing SUD treatment do not receive it" (as cited in
SAMHSA, 2019, n.p.).
Group Foundation for Advancing Mental Health
Deadline: November 1, 2020
Group Foundation for Advancing Mental Health is accepting applications for Research Grants.
The Foundation is seeking grant proposals for original critical research
reviews, either qualitative or quantitative (particularly
meta-analyses), that focus on some selected area of group
More specifically they are interested in reviews of studies of
1) treatment outcome either for selected clinical issues (e.g., depression) or cost effectiveness,
2) studies that examine specific process-outcome relationships (such as
the association between interpretative work and outcome),
3) specific group formats and approaches (such as psychoeducational groups for stress management),
4) focus on individual differences that impact group treatment (such as race/class/gender or member attachment), or
5) comparisons of group therapy to other forms of treatment.