The ICA Professional Development Chair reviews applications by ICA Divisions and Chapters to offer CEs for Counselors and Psychologists for workshops, conferences, webinars and other events.
To simply get your event on the ICA calendar without CEs, please complete the application form and list 0 CEs. You just need to provide enough information so we can list your event and put N/A in the spots that do not apply for your event.
To apply for CEs, or just to get your event on the ICA calendar please follow the steps outlined below:
1) Complete the online application procedure flowchart
2) Create a flyer/brochure of your event using the following wording on the front of the flyer/brochure:
This program is Co-Sponsored by the Illinois Counseling Association.
ICA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 2014. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. ICA is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. CEs for Counselors and Social Workers are issued under IDFPR license 159.001342 CEs for Psychologists issued under IDFPR license # 268.000065. CEs for Marriage and Family Therapists issued under license # 168.000228.
3) Email the flyer/brochure and a copy of the presenter’s vitae or resume to Melissa Korzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of the above, the Professional Development Chair will determine the eligibility of your event to receive CEs through ICA.
4) At your event: All attendees must sign in with their name, license # and email address. (Sample Sign in Sheet) Please ask your speaker(s) to also sign the sign in sheet
All attendees must complete an evaluation form (Sample Evaluation Form)
If you have multiple workshops for your event you need to also submit a workshop audit form and an overall conference evaluation form.
5) Upon completion of your event, please scan and email (or snail mail) copies of your sign in sheet and evaluations to Melissa Korzi at email@example.com or PO Box 367, DeKalb, IL 60115.
Please note that:
- Only CEs that submit proper records are valid.
- 1 unit is equal to 1 hour (60 Minutes) of presentation. Time allocated for breaks and housekeeping announcements are not eligible.
- Please direct any questions to ICA at 877-284-1521.